Our in-house wet process capabilities reduce risk and cycle times compared to out-sourced services. We offer the following services as part of our vertically-integrated manufacturing operation:
Electroless Nickel Plating
- Process compliant with AMS-C-26074
- Defect-free surfaces ideal for diamond turning and polishing.
- A cost-effective alternative to bare aluminum optics, particularly when coupled with an electrolytic gold optical overcoat.
- Selective surface and differential thickness to optimzie component stability and support a wide range of thermal operating environments.
- Tight control of inherent tensile and compressive forces for ultra-critical stability requirements.
- Substrate flexibility, accommodating beryllium, AlBeMet, SiC, aluminum, stainless steel and titanium alloys.
- Control of phosphor concentration to optimize CTE match
We offer tightly controlled and calibrated thermal treatments to maximize each component’s optical stability across wide temperature ranges. These processes include:
- Cryogenic treatments to 1450F.
- Thermal excursions within inert atmospheres.
- Controlled ramp rates and dwell times.
- Repetitive cycle programming.
Electrolytic Gold Plating
- Process compliant with MIL-DTL-45204D
- Excellent environmental durability.
- Type 1 & 2, Grade C, Class 00.
- Ultra-pure optical gold for high reflectivity across a broad spectrum.
- Substrate flexibility, accommodating any nickel plated or bare copper surface.
- Easy masking for selective surface application.
- A cost-effective alternative to evaporative gold coatings.
Specialty Chemical Processes
- MIL-DTL-5541F compliant chromic conversion, Type 1, Class 1A and 3.
- Substrate flexibility, including passivation of non-optical surfaces on beryllium, AlBeMet and aluminum.
- Chemical electro etching of alphanumeric text and symbols.
- Support for MIL-SPEC polymer-based primers and topcoats.
- MIL-SPEC legend inks, dyes and paints.