- April 1973. Incorporated in New Jersey as Inrad Inc.
- September 2003. The Company changed its name to Photonic Products Group Inc. (PPGI).
- November 2003. The Company purchased the assets and certain liabilities of Laser Optics Inc. of Bethel, CT. In business since 1966, Laser Optics was a custom optics and optical coating services provider. The acquisition enhanced PPGI’s ability
to offer custom optics and optical coating services.
- October 2004. The Company acquired MRC Precision Metal Optics Inc., a manufacturer of precision metal optics and diamond-turned aspheric optics located in Sarasota, FL. MRC’s specialties included CNC- and single-point diamond machining, optical
polishing, nickel plating of aluminum, AlBeMet™ and beryllium.
- January 2012. Following a review of its brand position within the marketplace, the Company concluded that the “Photonics Products Group” brand name had not achieved the anticipated level of brand equity since its inception in 2003. The Company developed and is implementing a strategic marketing plan around the brand name Inrad Optics (TM). Changing the Company’s name to “Inrad Optics Inc.” leverages the positive historical and current brand equity of the Inrad name and more clearly communicates the Company’s principal business activities to both our marketplace and the investment community.