Inrad Optics, Inc. is a leading producer of exceptional quality crystalline materials, custom fabricated high precision optical glass and metal components and optical devices.
Inrad Optics has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Senior Optical Polishing Technician in its Custom Optics Department in Northvale, NJ.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skill and knowledge set:
- Set-up and operation of precision grinding & polishing spindle machines to perform complex precision fine grinding and polishing of crystalline and glass optical materials to close tolerances.
- Position requires the ability to read and understand optical blue prints and specifications.
- Operating knowledge of optical test equipment including dial indicators, calipers, micrometers, inspection loupes.
- Operating knowledge of optical surface testing using a Zygo or similar interferometer is essential.
- Knowledge of lens, toroid and elliptical surface polishing a plus.
- Good math and organizational skills are required.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in optical spindle polishing at a high precision optical shop.
This is a challenging position with a unique opportunity for rewarding professional growth. In addition to a competitive salary, our comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, and company matched 401K. Come join our team and grow!