Inrad Optics, a leading producer of custom optics, optical coatings, crystal components, and systems has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer. This position is located in Inrad Optics’ Northvale, New Jersey headquarters.
In conjunction with QA and Operations management this position will establish and maintain quality standards, inspection, testing , recording, and reporting methods. This position will determine, define, and implement test procedures and equipment to assure material and product quality during all stages of manufacture. The engineer will coordinate problem resolution through operations, engineering, sales, purchasing, and vendors.
Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Test and measure optical and dimensional characteristics of optics, crystal components, and metal optics to assure compliance with manufacturing and customer standards.
- Works with cognizant departments to solve quality problems to assure on-time customer delivery.
- Install and apply statistical process control practices throughout manufacturing departments to assure process stability and product quality.
- Co owner of facility ISO 9001 program; assure all quality processes are ISO compliant.
- Develop, document and train employees in QA inspection/testing processes and procedures.
- Manages and owns facility MRB.
- Train and mentor department QA technicians.
- Works with sales management for quote, and customer quality related issues.
Minimum 5 years of progressive QA engineering experience in optical component design and manufacturing in a custom optical manufacturing environment.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Strong Statistical process Control and ISO experience.
- Solid theoretical and practical grounding and application of optical QA testing, reporting, process documentation and control.
- Track record of identifying and resolving reliability issues during all phases of design and manufacture.
- Experienced in the use of lasers (visible & IR), interferometers, spectrophotometers, and auto collimeters.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self directed and motivated.
Minimum, BS in Optics, Material Science, Physics or related field.
This is a challenging position with a unique opportunity for rewarding professional growth. In addition to a competitive salary, our comprehensive benefits package includes, health, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation and company matched 401K. Come join our team and grow!